Booking Conditions Please Read Carefully
1. Simply complete the Booking Form and return it with the appropriate deposit. We will then confirm your reservation.
2. Please ensure that you have viewed a printed itinerary before making a reservation.
3. Deposits: The following deposits will take effect from 1st January 2011:
UK tours will be £40.00 per person European tours (including Ireland) will be £50.00 pp
4. Should a London show, or any other ticket venue, be included in the tour, the ticket cost will be payable with deposit. The cost will be advised on the printed itinerary.
5. Final payment will be invoiced to you approximately two calendar months prior to departure, and payment should reach us eight weeks prior to the departure date.
6. Cancellation of holiday: You, or any member of your party, may cancel the holiday at any time, provided the cancellation is made in writing by the person who signed the Booking Form.
The following scale of cancellation charges will apply :
More than 42 days : deposit only
42 – 20 days : 50% of holiday costs
19 – 11 days 75% of holiday cost
10 days to departure date : 100%
7. Cancellation of holiday by ourselves: As arrangements for holidays are usually made many months in advance, on occasion change is unavoidable and we reserve the right to make such changes as we deem appropriate.
We will advise you before your booking is confirmed if any change has been made to the publicised itinerary. If, after booking and before the tour departure, we make a significant change to your holiday, you will have the option of withdrawing without penalty, or alternatively you may transfer to another holiday. In either case, we will pay you compensation according to the scale set out below:
A significant change includes changes of departure time by twenty-four hours or more, location of resort or quality of hotel, excluding overnight accommodation.
On all European holidays we reserve the right to use either the Channel Tunnel or ferry for the short sea crossing between England and France.
If you withdraw from the holiday because we have made a significant change, or if we have to cancel your holiday for any other reason, we will offer you a choice of similar holiday if available, a lower priced holiday with a refund of difference, or a full refund of all the money you have paid.
Once we have notified you of any change and the options available to you, you should let us know your decision as soon as possible.
No other claims for compensation or expenses will be considered.
Scale of compensation :
Amount per person : more than 42 days Nil
25-42 days £10.00
8-24 days £15.00
0-7 days £20.00
8. We operate a policy of no-smoking on board the vehicle. We will make frequent comfort stops and although the majority of our hotels also operate a non-smoking policy, some European countries still do allow smoking in hotel rooms. Should you require a ‘smoking room’ please ask if this is available on your selected holiday.
9. We do not allow pets to be taken on any of our holidays, with the exception of registered assistance dogs which will be accommodated on UK holidays, but not on European tours.
10. Door-to-door service: A door to door service is operated on all advertised tours and covers pick-ups in the following Lancashire postcode areas: All PR, all BB except BB4, LA 1-4 and some FY. Please enquire if your postal address is outside of this list, we can offer a door to door service with a reasonable surcharge which will be advised at the time of booking.
11. Travel Insurance : We strongly advise all our passengers to take out Travel Insurance to cover medical and repatriation costs, personal injury, loss of baggage and cancellation charges. It is not compulsory for our tours within the United Kingdom. However, Travel Insurance is compulsory for tours operating outside the United Kingdom.
Should you travel without adequate insurance and require assistance, we reserve the right to reclaim from you any medical or repatriation expenses we may incur on your behalf.
12. Special needs: unfortunately many hotels overseas do not provide adequate facilities for guests with mobility problems or other disabilities. If you, or any member of your party, has any special needs, please notify us prior to booking the holiday in order that we can endeavour to make satisfa
13. Single occupancy: when available rooms/cabins may be subject to a supplementary charge. This will be shown on the printed itinerary.
14. Entertainment: some of our hotels provide additional entertainment. Where this is part of the programme details will be shown on the printed itinerary. Where it is not stated, it may still be available but is at the discretion of the hotel and is not guaranteed.
Entertainment may also be withdrawn by the hotel if there is lack of demand for any operational reason.
15. Holiday arrangements: after your booking has been confirmed we will do our best to accommodate any changes that you may wish to make. However, we cannot guarantee to do so. If, for some reason, you are unable to travel and wish to transfer your booking to another holiday we will be happy to make the arrangements on your behalf dependant upon availability.
16. Meals: a menu choice for evening dinner is offered on all British tours, along with English cooked breakfast. The meals will either be table service or buffet style, and include tea/coffee after dinner. On European tours, however, dinner is usually a set three-course menu or buffet style with drinks charged extra. Breakfasts are usually continental buffet-style.
17. Security: we have taken the necessary action to conform with Government requirements regarding clients’ funds. This involves maintaining an account where sufficient funds are banked to cover the cost of repatriating any clients from holiday if required in the event of operational failure. This is one of three methods of protection approved by the Department of Trade and Industry.
18. Problems: at any time during, or immediately after, your holiday, should you feel that you have any query or complaint please contact us at once and we will do our utmost to assist quickly and efficiently.
19. Surcharges: these will only be implemented if there is any change in the rate of VAT charged by the countries visited. Fuel and currency surcharges will be added to the final invoice only if the increase is more than 2.5% of the holiday cost.